Friday, March 5, 2010

MELT!

Hey everyone! I participated in an art installation called Melt and I'm REALLLLY really excited about it. I'll share the pics of what I made and then paste the details of the project!


^ This is my vendor display


^This is the "Lawless (F)" hair in "Polar" an exclusive color for this event.


^This is the "Lawless (M)" hair in "Melt" another exclusive color for this event.

*All of my usual hair color packs will also be available exclusively at Melt*


^This is a wearable marionette with a built-in pose and flexi arm strings


Details about the project:

"If the world were clear, art would not exist."
-Jorge Luis Borges

Artists absorb the world around them. Their environments, that which they can feel and touch and see - and that which they can't. Sometimes that which they can only dream of. They absorb it and translate it into a language that affects us all in some way.

This project is a study of translations. I presented 25 artists within Second Life with a concept of creating art with these words in mind: Drowning. Melting. Polar bears. Arctic. Culpability. Corporate greed. Inevitability. Extinction.

What they have done is breathtaking and beyond any realm of my expectations.

Welcome to Melt - Please explore and involve yourself in this temporary world created here. Interact with it, wear it, enjoy it and immerse yourself in it.

Melt is only open March 6 - March 21, Please feel free to share your experience by adding your snapshots to the Mirror Installations Flickr group: http://www.flickr.com/groups/meltinstallations/

Thank you
Radio Signals


My theme was "Corporate Greed", so my main focus was on money blindfolds and puppet strings. I hope you guys like it!!

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Mirror/228/17/11

<3 Emma